Thursday, December 5, 2013

...ode for the 22yo girl


Do you still feel younger than you thought you would by now?



Ada kalanya kesendirian menjadi hadiah ulang tahun yang terbaik.
Or darling have you started feeling old yet?
Keheningan menghadirkan pemikiran yang bergerak ke dalam, menembus rahasia terciptanya waktu.
Don't worry,  I'm sure that you're still breaking hearts, with the efficiency that only youth can harness…
Keheningan mengapungkan kenangan, mengembalikan cinta yang hilang, menerbangkan amarah, mengulang manis keberhasilan dan indah kegagalan.
And do you still think love is a laserquest?
Hening menjadi cermin yang membuat kita berkaca – suka atau tidak suka pada hasilnya.
Or do you take it all more seriously?
Lilin merah berdiri megah di atas glazur, kilau apinya menerangi usia yang baru berganti.
I've tried to ask you this in some daydreams that I've had, but you're always busy being make believe…
Namun, seusai disembur napas, lilin tersungkur mati di dasar tempat sampah.
And do you look into the mirror to remind yourself you're there? Or has somebody's goodnight kisses got that covered?
Hangat nyalanya sebatas sumbu dan usailah sudah.
When I'm not being honest, I pretend that you were just some lover…
Sederet doa tanpa api menghangatkanmu di setiap kue hari, kalori bagi kekuatan hati yang tak habis dicerna usus.
Now I can't think of her without thinking of you. I doubt that comes as a surprise. And I can't think of anything to dream about. I can't find anywhere to hide. And when I'm hanging on by the rings around my eyes. And I convince myself I need another. For a minute it gets easier to pretend that you were just some lover…


When I'm pipe and slippers and rocking chair, singing dreadful songs about summer…
Lilin tanpa sumbu menyala dalam jiwa, menerangi jalan setapakmu ketika dunia terlelap dalam gelap.
Well, I've found a better method of pretending you were just some lover.
Berbahagilah, sesungguhnya engkau mampu berulang tahun setiap hari.





*****
lilin merah - dewi lestari, dan
love is a laserquest - alex turner, arctic monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment